If your student is new to Broward County Public Schools, a student identification number (06XXXXXXXX) is required before you can start a school choice application. You may contact any BCPS school to have a student number created.
Before you get started:
- A BCPS student identification number is required to create your School Choice Family Dashboard. If needed, you may call/email any BCPS school to have a student number created. Please wait at least 24 hours after receiving a new student number, before creating your School Choice Family Dashboard.
- A separate application is needed for each of the school choice application categories (magnet programs, Nova schools, school reassignments and FES-UA Public Option).
- Please ensure that your current contact information is within the BCPS student information database by contacting your child’s current school, former school or the school that provided your BCPS student identification number.
- Login into your School Choice Family Dashboard. If you do not have a Family Dashboard, you will be able to create one on your first visit.
- Follow the instructions to complete a separate application for each child during an application window.
- If needed, provide any required documentation before the application deadline.
- Add email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org as contacts in your preferred email application to receive important information regarding your application.
- Check Your Status within your School Choice Family Dashboard on scheduled selection dates.
*Please also note that this website is optimized for IE 10.0 and higher, Safari, Chrome and Firefox.
Available for 2022/2023 School Year
Boundary Choice 2022/2023 (June 8, 2022 - June 8, 2023)
- To attend Heron Heights ES, Park Trails ES, or Riverglades ES using boundary choice, the student must live within the Combined Heron Heights ES and Park Trails ES boundary. All other boundary choice requests will be denied.
- To attend Cooper City High using boundary choice, the student must live within the choice area inside of the West Broward High school boundary. All other boundary choice requests will be denied.
Employee Reassignment 2022/2023 (August 1, 2022 - June 8, 2023)
- To receive priority, the BCPS employee must have full permanent custody (court documents).
- BCPS full-time employees will only receive priority for reassignments at schools within the Innovation Zone (IZone) of their work locations. Full magnet schools are not available for employee priority reassignments.
- All employees at magnet schools, all employees at Nova schools, and BCPS part-time employees will receive priority to the school where they work based on a space-available basis.
- Use the Employee IZone Finder. All other employee requests will be denied.
Military Reassignment 2022/2023 (August 17, 2022 - June 8, 2023)
- Only for students who have a parent/legal guardian that is active-duty or recently retired military personnel. Proof of military orders and a child’s birth certificate are required. Upload the documents to your School Choice Family Dashboard. All other military requests will be denied.
Hope Scholarship Public School Option 2022/2023 (July 1, 2022 - July 1, 2022)
- The Hope Scholarship Program was established by the Florida legislature to provide students who allege they were victims of a qualifying incident the opportunity to transfer to another public school.
- To apply, a parent will submit the completed Hope Scholarship Initial Notification Form to the Office of School Choice. The Office of School Choice will then provide the parent with a link to enable this online application. Note: The District does not provide public school Hope Scholarship Program students with transportation.
- For more information and the list of qualifying incidents for a Hope Scholarship, please visit https://www.browardschools.com/scholarships
School Completion Reassignment 2022/2023 (August 31, 2022 - June 8, 2023)
- Allow attendance without transportation to the student's current school if your family has moved or is planning to move outside the school boundary.
- Allows attendance without transportation to the student's current school to complete the highest grade level.
- If the school is over capacity, the student will be granted a reassignment until the end of the semester.
- All other school completion requests will be denied.
FES-UA Public School Option 2022/2023 (July 1, 2022 - July 1, 2022)
- The Family Empowerment Scholarship for Students with Unique Abilities Program (FES-UA) was established by the Florida legislature.
- Only for students in Kindergarten - 12th grade who have an Individual Education Plan (IEP).
- Allow the student to attend another public school that offers the program/placement listed on their IEP. Transportation will be provided between the home address found in our student information system and the offered school.
- To apply, a parent will submit their request to http://forms.office.com/r/cz8HTAVutU within 10 days of their child's annual IEP meeting. The Office of School Choice will then provide the parent with a link to enable this online application.
- For more information, please visit https://www.browardschools.com/scholarships
Leave of Absence 2022/2023 (August 16, 2022 - January 19, 2023)
- Allow temporary leave from current school due to
- Enrollment in a Hospital Homebound Program or resident in a hospital
- Acceptance into School Board approved Alternative or Exceptional Education Program
- Move because of change in custody or illness/death of a custodial parent
- Must receive School principal and School Choice approvals prior to withdrawing from the school.
Reassignment 2022/2023 (August 17, 2022 - August 24, 2022)
- Allow attendance to a school without transportation.
Available for 2021/2022 School Year
Office of School Choice – Broward County Public Schools
610 NE Thirteenth Avenue, Pompano Beach, Florida 33060
Phone: 754-321-2480 | Fax: 754-321-3679 | Email: email@example.com | Website: browardschools.com/schoolchoice
Monday - Friday
8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Please refer to the District's calendar for dates Schools and Administrative Offices are closed.